Situated on the edge of the quiet village of Newholm and only 2 miles from Whitby and a mile from the beach at Sandsend, The Hayloft is a romantic holiday hideaway just for two.
A truly special holiday home
Part of a Grade II listed Georgian farmhouse (now a family residence occupied by The Hayloft's owners, Robin and Caroline), the cottage is located in open countryside on land that was historically a dairy farm.
As its name suggests, The Hayloft was in bygone times used as the farm's hay store. It has subsequently been lovingly converted and furnished to a high standard to become a truly special holiday home.
The cottage offers comfortable accommodation over two floors.
Downstairs, you will discover an open plan lounge, well-equipped kitchen and dedicated dining area.
Upstairs, you will find a double bedroom with uninterrupted views over farmland and complete with drawers, hanging space and an en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower.
Outside, there is a private and secluded seating area where you can sit and enjoy the tranquility of The Hayloft's peaceful rural location. It's the perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine whilst watching the numerous birds, rabbits and hares who also call this beautiful part of North Yorkshire 'home'.
THE HAYLOFT HOLIDAY COTTAGE BENEFITS FROM:
- Open plan kitchen / dining area and lounge
- Electric hob and oven
- Washing machine / dryer
- Fridge with freezer compartment
- TV and DVD player
- Free Wifi
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Laura Ashley furnishings
- Walk-in shower
- Private courtyard parking
- Outside seating area with views over open countryside
- Nearest pub: 0.4 miles (Ye Olde Beehive Inne, Newholm YO21 3QY)
- Nearest restaurant: 0.8 miles (The Stables at Cross Butts, Guisborough Road, Whitby YO21 1TL)
- Nearest shop / supermarket: 1.6 miles (Lidl, Stakesby Road, Whitby YO21 1HS)
gOOD TO KNOW:
- Well behaved dogs welcome (although we ask that they aren't allowed upstairs or on the furniture)
- We have a no smoking policy throughout the cottage
- Check out: 10:00am
- Check in: 2:00pm